Wednesday 3 April 2013

Way back to home


On the occasion of Holi, we all were returning home for the holidays from BHU. Though the holidays were of three days we extended it to 7 days. As we have nothing but a project work in this final semester so we didn't got much problem to extend the vacation. We had reserved our tickets one month before the holidays. Our train time was on the very dawn so I decided not to sleep at night and sleep on the train. Generally we sleeps not before 3 to 4 a.m , so I decided better not to sleep as it will be painful to wake up so early. As we are on the last semester and we must leave the hostel just after the semester examination we had a lots of luggage (mainly winter clothing ) with us to reduce the unnecessary things on hostel. The train was on time but the compartments were so crowded that it took us near about half of an hour to reach our seat. Of course most of the people didn't have legal tickets otherwise compartment would not be so crowded. When we reached our seats we found those well occupied by others without a valid ticket. It was their greatness that they offered us to seat on our reserved seat. Seating on that overcrowded compartment with a scorching sun I decided never to reserve any train ticket that runs on day time. However the train took us to our destination on time. From that place we all will go on different ways. I had to take another train that will take me to home. I had some notes of hundred rupees and change of four rupees only. But unfortunately my ticket was of fifteen rupees and the counter responded as I feared “get a change of one rupee” . Now I was on real trouble. I had two weighty luggage bags and also my laptop bag. Where should I get a change of hundred rupees? For that purpose I need to go to the nearby stalls and buy something. But with those heavy bags I found it hard to find my way to the stalls as in Howrah station stalls are at a distance from the station and to access the stalls that are inside the station I need a ticket which I didn't have at that time. So I waited there for some time then a man came to me to ask me if I need reservation tickets. I told him about my misery and it is kind of him that the man gave me one rupee. Then I got my ticket and went to the platform to take train. It was late enough. If I am late much then I will not get any bus from the rail station. Then I heard that most of the trains have been cancelled on our route due to the maintenance work on a particular station of that route. Then I waited for the last train with all other people, no, I better say a crowd that can't be fitted on a single train. As obvious I couldn't even reach the train. Then what? One of the last options. I went to room of my brother and next day in the morning I and my brother both went home. Really the journey was very tiresome.

No comments:

Post a Comment